全屏阅读 / 退出全屏阅读
- 1 Chapter 1 - Rescued A Girl
- 2 Chapter 2 - In Hospital
- 3 Chapter 3 - Activating
- 4 Chapter 4 - A Shrew
- 5 Chapter 5 - Dignity
- 6 Chapter 6 - Ling Yun
- 7 Chapter 7 - The Girl Living Next Door Had Grown into A Woman
- 8 Chapter 8 - Expert Consultation
- 9 Chapter 9 - Enemies Will Meet in a Narrow Road
- 10 Chapter 10 - A Nice Conversation
- 11 Chapter 11 - The Nine Ghosts and 13-needle Technique
- 12 Chapter 12 - Sleeptalking
- 13 Chapter 13 - The Shrew’s Illness
- 14 Chapter 14 - Losing Composure
- 15 Chapter 15 - Framing
- 16 Chapter 16 - Ninghai Branch of Traditional Chinese Medicine Association
- 17 Chapter 17 - Li Qiuhai’s Fury
- 18 Chapter 18 - Canhu
- 19 Chapter 19 - Murderous Intent
- 20 Chapter 20 - Giving Publicity
- 21 Chapter 21 - Acting Skills
- 22 Chapter 22 - Quieted Down
- 23 Chapter 23 - A Friendship Between Generations
- 24 Chapter 24 - The Consultation Fee
- 25 Chapter 25 - Chu Yunxiu
- 26 Chapter 26 - Midnight Murky Shadows
- 27 Chapter 27 - Targets
- 28 Chapter 28 - Ferocious Bandits
- 29 Chapter 29 - An Intelligence Elite
- 30 Chapter 30 - A Discovery
- 31 Chapter 31 - The First Kiss
- 32 Chapter 32 - End Up Nothin
- 33 Chapter 33 - White Lotus
- 34 Chapter 34 - Preparation
- 35 Chapter 35 - Sniping Point
- 36 Chapter 36 - Predecessor?
- 37 Chapter 37 - A Weird Black Cat
- 38 Chapter 38 - Wall Lamp
- 39 Chapter 39 - Provocative Approach
- 40 Chapter 40 - Dragon Soul
- 41 Chapter 41 - Dragon Horn’s Pain
- 42 Chapter 42 - Poisoned
- 43 Chapter 43 - Awkwardness
- 44 Chapter 44 - Flash Bombs
- 45 Chapter 45 - A Mysterious Organization
- 46 Chapter 46 - Hope
- 47 Chapter 47 - Compromise
- 48 Chapter 48 - Old Comrade
- 49 Chapter 49 - Xiao Baiyu's Concern
- 50 Chapter 50 - Zhao Zilong
- 51 Chapter 51 - Shootout
- 52 Chapter 52 - Police and the Thief
- 53 Chapter 53 - Sharp Sword
- 54 Chapter 54 - Ling Yun's Compensation
- 55 Chapter 55 - The Hero Saved the Beauty
- 56 Chapter 56 - Antiaris Toxicaria Lesch
- 57 Chapter 57 - Plan of Hijacking
- 58 Chapter 58 - Suspended Animation
- 59 Chapter 59 - Evaluation
- 60 Chapter 60 - A Strange Murder Case
- 61 Chapter 61 - Descendants of God
- 62 Chapter 62 - Danger in the Woods
- 63 Chapter 63 - Green Aloe
- 64 Chapter 64 - Ophiophagus Hannah
- 65 Chapter 65 - Coaxing
- 66 Chapter 66 - Be Tricked
- 67 Chapter 67 - Night Talk
- 68 Chapter 68 - Admit
- 69 Chapter 69 - The Cooking Skill
- 70 Chapter 70 - Comrade
- 71 Chapter 71 - The Live Show
- 72 Chapter 72 - Criticism
- 73 Chapter 73 - Comprehension
- 74 Chapter 74 - Making a Plan
- 75 Chapter 75 - Attacked
- 76 Chapter 76 - Escape
- 77 Chapter 77 - Snake Tendon
- 78 Chapter 78 - Little White Snake
- 79 Chapter 79 - Breakthrough
- 80 Chapter 80 - Unsheathe the Knife
- 81 Chapter 81 - A Goblin Didn't Count
- 82 Chapter 82 - Signing the Contract
- 83 Chapter 83 - Gloomy
- 84 Chapter 84 - The Breakup
- 85 Chapter 85 - Simple Happiness
- 86 Chapter 86 - Zhao Xin's Pressure
- 87 Chapter 87 - The Wise Bone Demon
- 88 Chapter 88 - Agreement Between Master and Servant
- 89 Chapter 89 - Ding Ning's Premonition
- 90 Chapter 90 - Bone Wings
- 91 Chapter 91 - Duplicating Superpower
- 92 Chapter 92 - Seeing Xiao Nuo Again
- 93 Chapter 93 - Private Detective
- 94 Chapter 94 - Child Bride
- 95 Chapter 95 - Xiao Nuo's Secret Delight
- 96 Chapter 96 - Fiance
- 97 Chapter 97 - Demon Girl
- 98 Chapter 98 - Jumping Into a Pit
- 99 Chapter 99 - Just Think of Me as Your Boyfriend
- 100 Chapter 100 - Take the Initiative
- 101 Chapter 101 - Relieved
- 102 Chapter 102 - Chenxi
- 103 Chapter 103 - Bewitched
- 104 Chapter 104 - Feel Relieved
- 105 Chapter 105 - Rage
- 106 Chapter 106 - Queen
- 107 Chapter 107 - Chapter Bet
- 108 Chapter 108 - Chapter Carving Dragon and Phoenix
- 109 Chapter 109 - The Jade
- 110 Chapter 110 - Zhang Yuhuan
- 111 Chapter 111 - The Raw Stone with Mottles
- 112 Chapter 112 - The Young Man Who Kept Losing Money
- 113 Chapter 113 - Another nickname
- 114 Chapter 114 - Unrestrained Gambling
- 115 Chapter 115 - Childe Bai
- 116 Chapter 116 - The Bidding
- 117 Chapter 117 - Resentful Stare
- 118 Chapter 118 - Conspiracy
- 119 Chapter 119 - Arduous Fight
- 120 Chapter 120 - Fighting Skills
- 121 Chapter 121 - Reconciliation
- 122 Chapter 122 - Complicated Wang Juan
- 123 Chapter 123 - The Deceit
- 124 Chapter 124 - The Surveillance
- 125 Chapter 125 - The Abduction
- 126 Chapter 126 - The Interrogation
- 127 Chapter 127 - The Hidden Energy
- 128 Chapter 128 - The Two Beautiful Sisters
- 129 Chapter 129 - Brother and Sisters
- 130 Chapter 130 - Xiaoniu's Concern
- 131 Chapter 131 - Old Schoolmate
- 132 Chapter 132 - Picking a Fight
- 133 Chapter 133 - Crazy Fans
- 134 Chapter 134 - The Gene Modification
- 135 Chapter 135 - A Mysterious Call
- 136 Chapter 136 - Rage
- 137 Chapter 137 - Peregrine Falcon
- 138 Chapter 138 - Spy on
- 139 Chapter 139 - Someone Wanted A Duel
- 140 Chapter 140 - Tang Rui
- 141 Chapter 141 - Suspicion
- 142 Chapter 142 - Troubles
- 143 Chapter 143 - Discussion
- 144 Chapter 144 - The Brain Tumour
- 145 Chapter 145 - An Appeal for Help by Executive Zhou
- 146 Chapter 146 - He Is My Boyfriend
- 147 Chapter 147 - Du Yuewen
- 148 Chapter 148 - Spiritual World
- 149 Chapter 149 - Unscrupulous Relatives
- 150 Chapter 150 - Anger
- 151 Chapter 151 - Frighten
- 152 Chapter 152 - Winning A Prize
- 153 Chapter 153 - The Artificial Limb
- 154 Chapter 154 - Ye Shulan's Worry
- 155 Chapter 155 - Underground Boxing House
- 156 Chapter 156 - The Wolf Kid
- 157 Chapter 157 - Black-faced Man
- 158 Chapter 158 - Lost the Bearings
- 159 Chapter 159 - Insight
- 160 Chapter 160 - Lewd Women
- 161 Chapter 161 - Sleepless Night
- 162 Chapter 162 - Jingjing
- 163 Chapter 163 - The Crisis of Mu Yanran
- 164 Chapter 164 - Savior
- 165 Chapter 165 - Brother Dragon
- 166 Chapter 166 - Reasoning
- 167 Chapter 167 - Animal World
- 168 Chapter 168 - Pet with Intelligence
- 169 Chapter 169 - Alienation
- 170 Chapter 170 - Little Tricks
- 171 Chapter 171 - Internal Strife
- 172 Chapter 172 - Running Across
- 173 Chapter 173 - Analysis
- 174 Chapter 174 - The Generous Ling Yun
- 175 Chapter 175 - This Night
- 176 Chapter 176 - Peach
- 177 Chapter 177 - Ling Yun's Villa
- 178 Chapter 178 - State a Price
- 179 Chapter 179 - Sister and Brother
- 180 Chapter 180 - Lan Yang's Call
- 181 Chapter 181 - Killing
- 182 Chapter 182 - Relief
- 183 Chapter 183 - Master Xiao
- 184 Chapter 184 - Golden Eagle
- 185 Chapter 185 - Air Force Wing
- 186 Chapter 186 - Being Touched
- 187 Chapter 187 - Not Willing To Revive
- 188 Chapter 188 - Explanation
- 189 Chapter 189 - Approval
- 190 Chapter 190 - Wake up
- 191 Chapter 191 - Meet Meng Wanrong for the First Time
- 192 Chapter 192 - Prodigy in Martial Arts
- 193 Chapter 193 - Scar Cream
- 194 Chapter 194 - Enemies Always Meet
- 195 Chapter 195 - The Poor Phaeton
- 196 Chapter 196 - The Most Expensive Woman
- 197 Chapter 197 - Deserted Island
- 198 Chapter 198 - Examination
- 199 Chapter 199 - Expose
- 200 Chapter 200 - The First Pass
- 201 Chapter 201 - Assessment
- 202 Chapter 202 - Bet
- 203 Chapter 203 - Surprise
- 204 Chapter 204 - Declare Sovereignty
- 205 Chapter 205 - Business Goddess
- 206 Chapter 206 - Surprise or Shock?
- 207 Chapter 207 - Think Nonsense
- 208 Chapter 208 - Drink
- 209 Chapter 209 - The Queen Bar
- 210 Chapter 210 - Absurdity
- 211 Chapter 211 - Xiaoyao's Family Affair
- 212 Chapter 212 - Registration
- 213 Chapter 213 - Roommates
- 214 Chapter 214 - Brotherhood Code
- 215 Chapter 215 - The Sister-In-Law
- 216 Chapter 216 - Lust
- 217 Chapter 217 - Brother Buckteeth
- 218 Chapter 218 - The First Follower
- 219 Chapter 219 - Fat Buddha
- 220 Chapter 220 - Meet Dafei Again
- 221 Chapter 221 - Boss
- 222 Chapter 222 - The Slap
- 223 Chapter 223 - Master of the Divine Burin
- 224 Chapter 224 - The Ugly Duckling Man's Ambition
- 225 Chapter 225 - Identity Disclosed
- 226 Chapter 226 - Gunshots at Midnight
- 227 Chapter 227 - Violent Dragon
- 228 Chapter 228 - The Bureau of Religions
- 229 Chapter 229 - Dinner
- 230 Chapter 230 - Never Getting Drunk
- 231 Chapter 231 - Yixiao
- 232 Chapter 232 - The Murong Family
- 233 Chapter 233 - Awakened
- 234 Chapter 234 - The Infinite Compassion and Mercy Palm
- 235 Chapter 235 - The SS-Level Fighting Technique
- 236 Chapter 236 - The Great Happiness Zen
- 237 Chapter 237 - Jingxin’s Gratification
- 238 Chapter 238 - The Nine Orifice Stone Man
- 239 Chapter 239 - A Joint Party
- 240 Chapter 240 - Something Goes Wrong
- 241 Chapter 241 - You Didn't Wash Your Hands Just Now
- 242 Chapter 242 - The Small Swords Society
- 243 Chapter 243 - The Axe Gang’s Plot
- 244 Chapter 245 - Falling in Love
- 245 Chapter 246 - Boss's Wife
- 246 Chapter 247 - A Rescue Mission
- 247 Chapter 248 - Crushing Defeat
- 248 Chapter 249 - The Great Tonic
- 249 Chapter 250 - Cunning Man Xiaoniu
- 250 Chapter 251 - The Police Came to Arrest Ding Ning
- 251 Chapter 252 - The Reactions of All Parties
- 252 Chapter 253 - Ding Ning Got Caught
- 253 Chapter 254 - The Greedy Zhu Jian
- 254 Chapter 255 - A Disturbance in the Police Station
- 255 Chapter 256 - Irrefutable Evidence
- 256 Chapter 257 - Punishing a Man to Warn Others
- 257 Chapter 258 - Being a Boss
- 258 Chapter 259 - Assassination
- 259 Chapter 260 - Physical Suffering Trick
- 260 Chapter 261 - The Choice of Wang Qianye
- 261 Chapter 262 - A Riot Happened at Midnight
- 262 Chapter 263 - A Promise
- 263 Chapter 264 - Ding Luoxue
- 264 Chapter 265 - Got Drunk
- 265 Chapter 266 - Ding Ning Caught Them in Bed
- 266 Chapter 267 - A Paper
- 267 Chapter 268 - A War on the Internet
- 268 Chapter 269 - Yielding
- 269 Chapter 270 - Late Night Debt-Paying Trap
- 270 Chapter 271 - Insane Gamble
- 271 Chapter 272 - Qian Xi
- 272 Chapter 273 - Everyone Lies
- 273 Chapter 274 - Building a Relationship
- 274 Chapter 275 - Analysis and Judgment
- 275 Chapter 276 - The Qian Family's Attitude
- 276 Chapter 277 - Correct Again
- 277 Chapter 278 - The Qian Family in Trouble
- 278 Chapter 279 - Xiao Nuo Arrives
- 279 Chapter 280 - I Raise You
- 280 Chapter 281 - The Seductively Charming Little Xiaoyao
- 281 Chapter 282 - An Emergency
- 282 Chapter 283 - Ding Ning’s Research Direction
- 283 Chapter 284 - The Helpless Liu Junwei
- 284 Chapter 285 - The Two Beautiful Sisters' Dream
- 285 Chapter 286 - A Local Tyrant
- 286 Chapter 287 - Black Boxing Champion
- 287 Chapter 288 - Masters?
- 288 Chapter 289 - An Unexpected Conclusion
- 289 Chapter 290 - Good News
- 290 Chapter 291 - One Billion
- 291 Chapter 292 - Making a Bet
- 292 Chapter 293 - A Tough Nut to Crack?
- 293 Chapter 294 - Jiang Hongbin
- 294 Chapter 295 - Fang Xiaomu
- 295 Chapter 296 - Interrogating
- 296 Chapter 297 - A Special Adviser
- 297 Chapter 298 - Liu Hanjiang
- 298 Chapter 299 - Special Department
- 299 Chapter 300 - Money God
- 300 Chapter 301 - The Past
- 301 Chapter 302 - A Different Kind of Confession
- 302 Chapter 303 - Safety Deposit Box
- 303 Chapter 304 - Danger Intuition
- 304 Chapter 305 - A Shootout
- 305 Chapter 306 - On the Verge of Death
- 306 Chapter 307 - Fighting Ability Comparison
- 307 Chapter 308 - The Strongest Defense
- 308 Chapter 309 - I Have An Elder Sister?
- 309 Chapter 310 - Xiaoyao Expresses Love
- 310 Chapter 311 - Sky-High Prices
- 311 Chapter 312 - The Murong Family's Affair
- 312 Chapter 313 - The Manor Plan
- 313 Chapter 314 - Birthday Gift
- 314 Chapter 315 - Experiment
- 315 Chapter 316 - Purple Qi from the East
- 316 Chapter 317 - Mermaid
- 317 Chapter 318 - Door of Light
- 318 Chapter 319 - Pupil Technique
- 319 Chapter 320 - Xuan Ji
- 320 Chapter 321 - Secrets of the Ancient Past
- 321 Chapter 322 - Flowing Light
- 322 Chapter 323 - Totem
- 323 Chapter 324 - Shennong Nine-Dragon Cauldron
- 324 Chapter 325 - Spell of Savage Soldier's Body
- 325 Chapter 326 - Frozen Sea
- 326 Chapter 327 - Strange White-Haired Person
- 327 Chapter 328 - Ning Ye
- 328 Chapter 329 - More People Arrive
- 329 Chapter 330 - Long Xiaotian and Feng Ni'er
- 330 Chapter 331 - Zhuo Bufan
- 331 Chapter 332 - The Arrogant Feng Ni'er
- 332 Chapter 333 - Breaking Through the Ice
- 333 Chapter 334 - Ye Duxing's Dilemma
- 334 Chapter 335 - Beating the Dog Before the Lion
- 335 Chapter 336 - Mess Battles
- 336 Chapter 337 - Value of Prestige
- 337 Chapter 338 - Bringing a Little Ghost to Heel
- 338 Chapter 339 - Movement of Tides
- 339 Chapter 340 - Two Moves
- 340 Chapter 341 - Ancestral Magic
- 341 Chapter 342 - Corpse Stealing
- 342 Chapter 343 - Bounty Hunter?
- 343 Chapter 344 - Unable to Have a Child
- 344 Chapter 345 - Spiritual Crystal of Water of the Highest Grade
- 345 Chapter 346 - The Battle under the Sea
- 346 Chapter 347 - The Weird Red Corals
- 347 Chapter 348 - Fluxing Agent
- 348 Chapter 349 - Matchmaking
- 349 Chapter 350 - Aunt Xiang
- 350 Chapter 351 - You're My Older Sister?
- 351 Chapter 352 - Brother and Sister
- 352 Chapter 353 - Gift
- 353 Chapter 354 - Brother Hou
- 354 Chapter 355 - Onset of Illness
- 355 Chapter 356 - Making a Mistake
- 356 Chapter 357 - Sagittarius
- 357 Chapter 358Chapter 358 - Anecdotes
Chapter 355 - Onset of Illness
Chapter 355 - Onset of Illness
Chapter 355 Onset of Illness
“Ah, young master, where is Lisa?”
Xiahou was startled. The young master’s skills had improved again. He had no idea when the young master had reached his side.
“Never mind her. When she can’t find me, she’ll naturally come back.”
Ding Ning laughed wickedly. “Brother Xiahou, I am thinking of your future happiness. You have to be able to hang on.
Xiahou stood up with embarrassment. He glanced outside uneasily but did still not see Lisa so he could only follow Ding Ning into the reserved room.
The Tan Family restaurant did not have a main hall, only 17 individual rooms each outfitted with a banner, set of bells, screens, and bridges that crossed over little streams. Although there was no front hall, there was a front desk. The straight corridor led toward the individual rooms. Each room was named after a garden scene in Jiangnan, such as the Humble Administrator’s Garden, Yellow Crane Tower, and Ancient Garden.
In the room, everything from the skirting, wainscots, corner lines, door covers, window coverings, round tables, and chairs were all made of mahogany. Paintings and calligraphy by famous artists hung on the walls. The golden napkins, apricot-yellow edged dishes, apricot-yellow tablecloths, and waitresses dressed in apricot-yellow uniforms combined with the elegant and traditional Shenzhou music, it all gave one the sense of being in a royal palace…
Inside the Ancient Garden room, Ding Qianlie ignored the imperial decorations and shooed the waitresses out. As if talking to herself, she muttered in a low voice with a helpless expression, “Mother, don’t worry. Brother will be here soon. We already agreed last night. Don’t worry.”
On close examination, a black microphone, mostly hidden by her hair, could be seen in Ding Qianlie’s ear.
Inside the Humble Administrator’s Garden room, Shen Muqing looked on curiously as Aunt Xiang spoke mysteriously to someone through a microphone. Looking at her worried expression, thoughtfulness flashed through her eyes.
Last night, she had stayed in the room Aunt Xiang had temporarily rented. From her red eyes, clearly swollen from crying, and her agitated mood, she could tell that Aunt Xiang had seen someone last night that could easily arouse powerful emotions within her.
In this matter, Shen Muqing cleverly did not ask any questions about it. She just pretended to ignorance and chatted with her. Seeing that Aunt Xiang’s attention was still unfocused and often drifted away, she knew she had guessed pretty accurately.
But whether Aunt Xiang had met her rumored lover or her son that she had not seen in over 20 years, she did not know.
As for whether or not Aunt Xiang had a new love, Shen Muqing did not think this was possible given her understanding of Aunt Xiang. Given her position and beauty, if she wanted to move on, she would not have kept herself for that mysterious lover for more than 20 years.
It had to be said, curiosity was clawing at her heart right now but her good upbringing made her force down this curiosity. In her heart, she silently wished this woman, who had led such a difficult life, happiness and hoped that she would be able to find it as early as possible.
It had to be said, although Aunt Xiang was almost 50 years old, she still looked like a beautiful woman in her early 30s. Time had not left any mark on her face that incited jealousy in others. No wonder she was the most beautiful woman in Yan Jing back then.
Thinking of the title of “first beauty” in Yan Jing, Shen Muqing’s attention drifted for a moment. It seemed that the moment that this Aunt Xiang appeared, the title of “first beauty” never appeared again in Yan Jing.
However, the titles “first demon” and “first talent” of Yan Jing were titles that grew better known. This was an indirect show of respect to Aunt Xiang.
Unfortunately, the title of “first talent” of Yan Jing did not accompany her long. Because of her short life and her coming to Ninghai to study, probably no one remembered this name in Yan Jing anymore.
However, even though she had disappeared for more than two years, the demon Xiao Nuo’s reputation still remained and was still spread widely throughout the circles in Yan Jing.
Xiao Nuo. Thinking of her childhood playmate, a warm smile appeared at the corners of Shen Muqing’s mouth. If she had one true friend growing up, Xiao Nuo was probably the only contender.
That crazy girl was truly sincere and warm-hearted. If not for that d*mn illness, perhaps they would have been best friends who could talk about anything.
She had long known that Xiao Nuo had come to Ninghai for work. As for why she had never come to find her, she could guess at the reason.
She didn’t blame her. After all, the state of her body spoke for itself and no one would want to bring trouble to themselves. Particularly after Xiao Chunan’s accident, Xiao Nuo had cut all contact with her family. It was understandable that she did not want to contact her.
But Shen Muqing very much wanted a friend right now. In her 22 years of cautious living, her heart had long become dead like still water. She did not dare to want such things as friendship and love. She lived quietly and waited for fate to decide her life.
But after Ding Ning appeared, it was as if a spring breeze rippled the lake’s calm waters. It brought unrest into her heart. Love and friendship, these luxuries in life became things she longed for.
Although leaving Ding Ning was very painful and she had to endure the torture of missing him every day, she did not regret it. She was satisfied with having a love that she had never dared to imagine. She could not be too greedy.
The books said that love was selfish but she did not agree. If being with him required the sacrifice of her life, she would not have a second thought.
But if it required Ding Ning’s life as a price, she could not endure such a consequence. For the sake of his safety, this was fine. Furthermore, even without her, he had Ling Yun as a companion. Presumably, he had long forgotten her by now.
But why did her heart hurt so much? Without him, was there still meaning in her life? She was not as strong and courageous as Aunt Xiang, to be able to wait bitterly for more than 20 years for the person she loved. Even if there was only the most illusory hope, at least they loved each other deeply and missed each other mutually.
But what about her? What did she have? What could she do? She could not see the future, could not see hope. Life without Ding Ning was darkness.
Ding Ning’s voice and smile repeatedly played in her mind like a projector. Deep reluctance and sadness enveloped her, making her heartbeat speed up. Longing and hopelessness like she had never felt before cut through her heart like a knife. So this is what heartbreak felt like. It was not the same as a heart-attack, Shen Muqing thought.
“Muqing, Muqing, what’s wrong?”
Aunt Xiang unexpectedly turned her head and saw Shen Muqing with her hand over her heart, face pale, and pupils blown wide as she slowly slid off her chair. In a fright, Aunt Xiang quickly ran over to help her and cried out in a startled voice…
“What’s wrong, mother?”
Aunt Xiang’s startled cry rang through the earpiece. Ding Qianlie furrowed her brows and asked anxiously.
“Sister, I’m here. What’s wrong? Why is your expression so unhappy?”
Right at this moment, Ding Ning pushed opened the door and came in with a smile. When he saw Ding Qianlie’s increasingly worried expression, he asked with concern.
Ding Qianlie’s brows were drawn together tightly. After hearing Aunt Xiang’s hurried explanation, she immediately grabbed Ding Ning’s hand. “Leave first; I’m coming now with my brother.”
Ding Ning looked at her with confusion. He knew something important must have happened and allowed her to pull him out.
“Chairman, I’m sorry, I… ah, why are you here?”
As they went out, they ran into Lisa who appeared very dejected. When she saw Ding Ning, her mouth immediately dropped open in surprise.
Ding Qianlie’s expression was solemn. If the girl of the Shen family had an accident while with her mother, not only would her mother’s movements be difficult to continue keeping a secret but they would easily become enemies with the Shen family. She waved her hand to cut off Lisa’s words. “Tell me later.”
Pulling Ding Ning, she hurried to the Humble Administrator’s Garden’s room. “Sister, what’s happening?”
“A person with heart problems suddenly had an attack. Oh, right, this patient is someone you know.”
Ding Qianlie hurriedly explained as they walked.
“Someone I know? Who?”
Ding Ning’s expression was confused. He could not think of someone he knew who also knew Ding Qianlie.
Ding Qianlie gently raised her lips and lightly tossed out this name but Ding Ning felt like he had been struck by lightning. His face immediately turned white.
No one knew about Shen Muqing’s illness better than him. After his treatment, nothing life-threatening would happen for a year but now she had unexpectedly had an attack. There was only one possibility, she must have endured some powerful stimulation. This filled him with anger and his eyes grew red. Gritting his teeth, he said, “Where is she? Take me there quickly.”
Ding Qianlie glanced at him worriedly. She knew he had put the blame of Shen Muqing’s attack on the person that was with her. But that was their mother, surely she could not say that it was their mother that had triggered her heart attack.
In reality, even she did not know why Shen Muqing suddenly had an attack out of the blue. Subconsciously, she thought that their mother must have accidentally said something that triggered her.
How could they possibly guess that Aunt Xiang’s worried expression would make Shen Muqing randomly think of Ding Ning, become depressed and develop world-weary thoughts, and thus trigger the onset of a heart attack?
In fact, she had already learned how to control her breathing and had learned the Sutra of Cultivating Spirit. Even if she had a heart attack, she could control her heart-rate and seek medical treatment in time.
But she was moved by Aunt Xiang’s sympathetic relationship experience and felt deeply disheartened. She also hated that she did not have the courage to fight against her family. In her self-pity, thoughts of death grew in her mind. Before she could utilize her training, she had already fainted. Thus causing the present critical situation.
Anxious, Ding Ning practically half-carried Ding Qianlie as he rushed as quickly as possible to the Humbler Administrator’s Garden room and kicked open the door with a bang. Ignoring the waitresses’ startled cries, he only had eyes for the soft body and the pale white face.
Ding Ning’s heart felt like it was being pierced by needles. Almost flying, he leaped over and immediately grabbed her wrist to carefully investigate the situation of her body. Thus, he missed Aunt Xiang, who was standing to the side, and her complicated expression.
Aunt Xiang’s emotions at this moment were extraordinary and difficult to describe. She had never thought that she would be so close right now to the son she had missed day and night.
This immediately put a stop to her plan of quietly leaving. She stared at Ding Ning in a daze, and he was all she could see.
Ding Qianlie quickly moved forward and pulled on her arm. In a low voice, she said, “Aunt Xiang, you should leave first.”
She knew that Ding Ning’s hearing was very good. Afraid that he would hear her calling her mother, she instead called her Aunt Xiang.
Only now did Aunt Xiang come back to herself. She reluctantly glanced at Ding Ning one more time, and then made a “call me” gesture at Ding Qianlie before hurriedly leaving.
“I’ll help steady her heart first. Everyone get out; don’t let anyone come in.”
After Ding Ning’s inspection, he silently let out a breath in relief. Fortunately, he had arrived in time. If he came three minutes later, Shen Muqing would have died without a doubt.
Her heartbeat had already come to a standstill and need powerful resuscitation to make it beat again. For a normal person, perhaps this was very difficult but for him, it was a piece of cake.
“Alright, I’ll stand guard outside with Knife Scar. No one will be allowed in.”
Seeing Ding Ning’s serious expression, Ding Qianlie hurried agreed as she headed out.
The owner of the restaurant, Tan Cong, hurried rushed over. Afraid that someone may die and implicate him, he was anxious to call for an ambulance but was coldly rejected by Ding Qianlie.
Although Ding Qianlie, a goddess of the business world, was mysterious, Tan Cong, as the owner of a top-level restaurant, was well-connected socially and had all the information of the major clients he could not offend stored in his mind.