全屏阅读 / 退出全屏阅读
- 1 Chapter 1: Awakening
- 2 Chapter 2: Swordmaster
- 3 Chapter 3: Hyper Intuition
- 4 Chapter 4. Fight Against 100 Men (1)
- 5 Chapter 5. Fight Against 100 Men (2)
- 6 Chapter 6. King of Magical Beasts, Ubist Boko's Thoughts
- 7 Chapter 7. A Sweet Reward Boko's Thoughts
- 8 Chapter 8. Magic Swordsman Kang Oh Boko's Thoughts
- 9 Chapter 9. Spider Queen, Alishi (1)
- 10 Chapter 10. Spider Queen, Alishi (2) Boko's Thoughts
- 11 Chapter 11. The Search for a Hidden Dungeon
- 12 Chapter 12. Sewer’s Secret
- 13 Chapter 13. He Who Defies Death, Eder (1)
- 14 Chapter 14. He Who Defies Death, Eder (2) Boko's Thoughts
- 15 Chapter 15. Feature Broadcast
- 16 Chapter 16. Black Rat Nest
- 17 Chapter 17. New Ability
- 18 Chapter 18. The Search for a New Magic Sword
- 19 Chapter 19. Taksen Castle
- 20 Chapter 20. The Man Who Conquers Dungeons (1)
- 21 Chapter 21. The Man Who Conquers Dungeons (2)
- 22 Chapter 22. Maumbharat Palace Boko's Thoughts
- 23 Chapter 23. Ghost Possessed Jewel Box, Sharobea
- 24 Chapter 24. An Entertaining Show Boko's Thoughts
- 25 Chapter 25. Fishing Boko's Thoughts
- 26 Chapter 26. Bad Guys
- 27 Chapter 27. Cave Hidden by the Wind
- 28 Chapter 28. Jungle Exploration
- 29 Chapter 29. Jungle Exploration (2)
- 30 Chapter 30. A Desperate Fight Against Baramut
- 31 Chapter 31. Bercy and Baramut
- 32 Chapter 32. A Productive Day
- 33 Chapter 33. Information Gathering
- 34 Chapter 34. Mage's Tower
- 35 Chapter 35. Grano Boko's Thoughts
- 36 Chapter 36. Slave Contract
- 37 Chapter 37. Kaistan Canyon Boko's Thoughts
- 38 Chapter 38. Agath Leader Hunt
- 39 Chapter 39. Lightning Hunter, Caraco Boko's Thoughts
- 40 Chapter 40. Demon Kang Oh (1)
- 41 Chapter 41. Demon Kang Oh (2)
- 42 Chapter 42. Money, Money, Money
- 43 Chapter 43. Cake and Cockroach
- 44 Chapter 44. Going as Three
- 45 Chapter 45. End of the Guild War
- 46 Chapter 46. Immortal King Arumode
- 47 Chapter 47. What Goes Around Comes Around
- 48 Chapter 48. Gamer's Chuseok
- 49 Chapter 49. A New Eder Boko's Thoughts
- 50 Chapter 50. A New Eder (2) Boko's Thoughts
- 51 Chapter 51. Uninhabited Island
- 52 Chapter 52. Lupenia (1)
- 53 Chapter 53. Lupenia (2)
- 54 Chapter 54. Demon's Lair Hunt (1)
- 55 Chapter 55. Demon's Lair Hunt (2)
- 56 Chapter 56. Seed of Calamity, Gureko (1)
- 57 Chapter 57. Seed of Calamity, Gureko (2)
- 58 Chapter 58. Lupenia Treasure House
- 59 Chapter 59. Going Home
- 60 Chapter 60. Bariton Desert
- 61 Chapter 61. Grano's Dungeon
- 62 Chapter 62. Tomb Within a Tomb
- 63 Chapter 63. Tomb of Beskamen I
- 64 Chapter 64. Mummy (1)
- 65 Chapter 65. Mummy (2)
- 66 Chapter 66. Amil
- 67 Chapter 67. Tomb's Secret
- 68 Chapter 68. Modune
- 69 Chapter 69. Canyon of Wisdom
- 70 Chapter 70. High Risk, High Reward
- 71 Chapter 71. There's Always Someone Better
- 72 Chapter 72. Hidden Oasis (1)
- 73 Chapter 73. Hidden Oasis (2)
- 74 Chapter 74. Fight to the Death
- 75 Chapter 75. Tower of Wisdom
- 76 Chapter 76. God of Wisdom, Turu
- 77 Chapter 77. Avaricious Monique (1)
- 78 Chapter 78. Avaricious Monique (2)
- 79 Chapter 79. Explorer Melank
- 80 Chapter 80. Fight Against Modune (1)
- 81 Chapter 81. Fight Against Modune (2)
- 82 Chapter 82. Fight Against Modune (3)
- 83 Chapter 83. Fight Against Modune (4)
- 84 Chapter 84. Dealing with the Aftermath
- 85 Chapter 85. New House
- 86 Chapter 86. Back to Work
- 87 Chapter 87. Kudal's Laboratory (1)
- 88 Chapter 88. Kudal's Laboratory (2)
- 89 Chapter 89. Kudal's Laboratory (3)
- 90 Chapter 90. Kudal's Laboratory (4)
- 91 Chapter 91. Ishmael Mansion
- 92 Chapter 92. Kudal's Secret Laboratory
- 93 Chapter 93. Chimera Shurak (1)
- 94 Chapter 94. Chimera Shurak (2)
- 95 Chapter 95. Regular Program, Dungeon Conquering Man (1)
- 96 Chapter 96. Regular Program, Dungeon Conquering Man (2) Boko's Thoughts
- 97 Chapter 97. Maroon Hill (1)
- 98 Chapter 98. Maroon Hill (2)
- 99 Chapter 99. Finishing the Shoot
- 100 Chapter 100. Grancia Forest (1)
- 101 Chapter 101. Grancia Forest (2)
- 102 Chapter 102. Exercise in Futility (1)
- 103 Chapter 103. Exercise in Futility (2)
- 104 Chapter 104. Arcane Magic
- 105 Chapter 105. The Named: Oga
- 106 Chapter 106. Second Shoot
- 107 Chapter 107. Worm Body Tunnel Boko's Thoughts
- 108 Chapter 108. Desperate Fight Against a Bandit
- 109 Chapter 109. New Skill
Chapter 37. Kaistan Canyon Boko's Thoughts
Chapter 37. Kaistan Canyon Boko's Thoughts
Kang Oh, Eder, and Sephiro were leaving the Jefferson Potion Store.
"I'll use the lightning potions well."
Kang Oh jiggled the yellow liquid containing bottle.
Kang Oh had mentioned the 'financial' aid mentioned in the contract and had taken the lightning potions.
Thus, it was only natural that Sephiro felt awkward.
"Be strong, Brother."
Eder placed his hand atop Sephiro's shoulder.
'We're poor souls who've signed a contract with the devil! We're no different from brothers!'
Sephiro grabbed Eder's bone hand.
He heard about Eder's situation inside the potion store.
Not only was he a monster, but he was also an undead!
Of course, that didn't bother Sephiro in the slightest.
What mattered was that Eder was a poor soul that was screwed over by Kang Oh! That was enough.
Thus, Sephiro and Eder, a user and an NPC, felt an immediate sense of camaraderie between each other.
"That's enough of that. We're heading for the Kaistan Canyon right away."
Kang Oh strode forward, seeing Eder and Sephiro bravely nod their heads towards one another.
* * *
The Kaistan Canyon in which the Agath lived was much like the Grand Canyon.
It was a magnificent view, composed of a wasteland and rugged precipices.
Of course, it was much smaller than the Grand Canyon.
Also, there were peals of thunder all year round, and many lightning clouds covered the sky.
The Agaths soared through the sky.
Their cries were akin to a raven's, and they were coincidentally black as well.
However, Agaths were definitely different from ravens.
Whenever they breathed, the blue crystals embedded in their breasts would emit sparks.
They were also much larger than ravens, and also possessed four wings, which allowed them to fly more nimbly.
In other words, Agaths were high-performance jets that flew in the air and shot lightning.
Thus, he needed someone who could pick them off from the sky.
Someone like Sephiro!
"Please aim for the Agaths' wings," Kang Oh looked at Sephiro and said.
Sephiro nodded his head.
"Eder, don't attack them. Instead, use your bone magic to block as much lightning as you can."
"I'm aiming for the two Agaths in the front!"
With their four wings spread out, the two Agaths soared through the air.
Two arrows flew through the sky.
One of them pierced an Agath's wing.
The other pierced the other Agath's wing.
The Agaths shrieked and staggered in the air.
It was only natural. They had been shot by a level 190 archer.
With a steel arrow at that!
But it wasn't enough to kill them.
The thunderbirds counterattacked by discharging lightning from their crystals.
Once they shot out the lightning arrows, a peal of thunder rang out, befitting their title as thunderbirds.
Kang Oh dashed towards the Agaths.
Two lightning arrows came right for him.
Kang Oh swung his magic sword.
'My body feels light.'
His movements were extremely smooth.
Kang Oh's magic sword cut through the lightning arrows; the blade sucking in lightning arrows like water into a drain.
But there was still a lightning arrow he could not block.
At that moment, a bone shield appeared before him, blocking the leftover lightning arrow.
The lightning arrow crashed against the bone shield. Sparks flew and the bone shield blackened.
Meanwhile, Sephiro let loose four more arrows.
Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam!
His arrows pierced the Agaths' wings.
The Agaths shrieked and flapped their wings to escape, but they wouldn't work.
They plunged to the ground!
"Give me your crystals, you chickens!"
He was more than willing to take on birds that couldn't fly!
Kang Oh swung his sword in a downwards motion.
Kang Oh's blade passed through the nearby Agath and then shoved it into the ground.
A barrage of earth shards assaulted the Agaths in the vicinity.
Once they were struck by the earth shards, the Agaths shrieked and randomly shot out their lightning arrows.
With his Hyper Intuition, he sensed the danger beforehand and evaded the lightning arrows.
Of course, there were some he couldn't dodge no matter what he did.
At times like those, he would guard his body with his magic sword, minimizing the damage.
At that moment, Sephiro showed what it meant to be a high-leveled archer.
In the midst of the barrage of earth shards and the subsequent random discharge of lightning, Sephiro’s arrows had struck true.
But Kang Oh was the one who finished them off.
Kang Oh repeatedly swung his sword.
A couple of Agaths let out a final scream and fell to the floor.
[You have defeated an Agath.]
[You have defeated an Agath.]
[You have leveled up.]
Kang Oh had defeated some enemies which were far higher leveled than he was. Because of that, he had received a ton of experience points.
If he hadn't had to share with the ranker, Sephiro, then he probably would've gotten even more experience.
'Well, it's because of Sephiro that our hunting speed is so much faster, so it's fine.'
Kang Oh glanced at Sephiro and then examined the Agaths' bodies.
Unfortunately, the Agaths didn't drop any crystals.
There was a 25% chance that an Agath would drop its crystal. Percentage wise, one needed to defeat four to obtain one crystal.
If he wanted 200 Agath Crystals, then he needed to kill at least 800 Agaths.
'798 to go.'
There was a long way to go.
* * *
"Aren't there too many of them?"
Eder's voice shook.
He could hear the unending cries of the Agaths nearby.
"There are 22 of them," Sephiro said while aiming his bow forward.
As he said, 22 Agaths had surrounded Kang Oh's party.
"Keep hitting them and it'll be over eventually," Kang Oh said.
He lifted his blade and centered himself.
"I'm going," Sephiro yelled and let loose several arrows.
The arrows flew towards the Agaths.
It was the signal that they had engaged the enemy.
The Agaths shrieked and shot lightning arrows at Kang Oh's party.
Eder cast a spell with a dreary voice.
Once he raised his right hand to the sky, a bone wall formed around them like a barricade.
Countless lightning arrows battered the wall; sparks flew and smoke rose.
"I can't hold it for long!" Eder yelled.
Kang Oh adopted a iaido stance.
He slightly bent his knees, spread his legs, and swung his sword.
He unleashed a golden tiger from his blade. Then, whips of wind raged about.
Eight of the Agaths were swept away by the destructive tiger-shaped aura.
The Agaths' cries intensified, and emitted an even greater amount of lightning.
Kang Oh leaped over the bone wall and dashed into the group of thunderbirds.
He swung his blade in a wide arc like a top!
Bam, bam, bam!
Kang Oh's multilayer attack had succeeded, but only one of the Agaths shrieked violently and flew towards him.
Kang Oh whacked the bird's head with his blade.
The Agath went flying but another came rushing towards him simultaneously.
"What's your problem!?"
Kang Oh swung downwards.
A white line clearly divided the Agath's body in half.
At that moment...
[The effect of Kunta's Golden Talent Ring has activated.]
[A spontaneous quest for Slash has been created.]
In you dwells Kunta's talent. If you use Slash 1,000 times, then you will receive even more proficiency.
Reward: A 10% increase in proficiency of Slash.
Kang Oh quickly reviewed the message and quest windows, and closed them.
'It'll give me 10% proficiency, huh. I really did hit the jackpot.'
Proficiency was the hardest thing to raise in Arth.
However, Kunta's ring could give him spontaneous quests that would increase his skills' proficiency by 10%.
As expected of an SS-rank masterpiece!
Kang Oh grinned and engaged the Agath that was rushing towards him like a moth to a flame.
Sephiro ran backwards, maintaining a fair distance between himself and the Agaths.
He endlessly shot arrows, with each and every arrow containing tremendous force. Almost none of his arrows missed either.
The Agaths that attacked him were filled with arrows, looking more like hedgehogs than birds. This had all happened in an instant!
Eder continuously conjured up a bone wall, dispelled it, and then recreated it again.
When he could spare a moment, Eder would conjure up a bone shield to protect either Kang Oh or Sephiro, as well as use Bone Bind to harass the birds.
However, he didn't have the time to use any offensive spells or curses.
And thus, Kang Oh, Eder, and Sephiro feverishly continued the fight.
At some point, their backs were suddenly against each other. They quickly exchanged glances with each other.
There were only five Agaths left.
'Let's finish this.'
'Let us finish this quickly.'
'Let's end this!'
Once they were finished glancing at one another, the three rushed out simultaneously.
Eder no longer conjured up bone walls. Instead, he protected his body with a bone shield whilst stabbing with a bone spear.
Sephiro still had plenty of HP, MP, and Stamina, befitting of a high level archer.
He moved continuously, shooting steel arrows. Of course, he didn't just shoot arrows.
He grabbed the end of his bow, swung it, and smashed an Agath's head.
Bam! Bam! Bam!
"How does my boot feel, bird-brain!"
The Agaths began to fly away.
Once they stopped rushing him, Sephiro strung another arrow and began shooting once more.
The arrow ripped through the air and pierced an Agath's head.
Two red shards fell from the bird's head.
It fell headfirst towards the ground.
If an archer got a headshot, then they could do more damage than a critical hit.
Sephiro shot two more arrows, finishing off two dying Agaths.
Sephiro didn't rest.
He strung another arrow at his next target.
Then, he shot. Right on target!
The Agaths' bodies began to accumulate.
The Agaths flew around quickly, making Kang Oh dizzy.
However, it wouldn't affect Kang Oh and his Hyper Intuition!
Kang Oh swung his sword like lightning, his Hyper Intuition guiding his strike!
Red shards spewed into the air. One Agath plunged to the ground.
The last remaining Agath shot a lightning arrow at Kang Oh.
It was aiming for his leg.
However, Kang Oh kicked off the ground and leapt into the air. He then swung his sword in an X motion.
Kang Oh sliced through the Agath and it rolled onto the floor.
Once he landed on the ground, he swung downwards with his blade.
A barrage of earth shards assaulted the Agath.
"This is the end!"
Kang Oh attempted to finish the Agath, which was no longer able to fight.
But before he could finish it, he received a different message instead.
[Magic Swordsmanship has risen to the Intermediate level. You can now wield the magic sword more proficiently than before.]
[You have learned the Magic Swordsman class skill, Devil Trigger (Beginner).]